Saturday, April 12, 2008

Monkey Fun

Yesterday afternoon, I was playing one of my favorite games with Daddy. I think he calls it: "Scream, Scare, Run & then Hide, then Seek & Scare, & Chase", but of course, I could be wrong.

Anyway, we were on our third round and it was Daddy's turn to "scare, chase and scream". The last thing I saw was Daddy coming after me, making that screeching sound, while he waved his hands in the air. Now that's "scary", so that's when I "hide", and he "seeks". heh heh

I bolted out of the living room to find refuge in the bedroom.

From the hallway, I took a hard right into the room and dove underneath my tent.

I took cover, turned around and waited.

Daddy was close so I stood ready to POUNCE.

Daddy's screeching sound was interrupted by the door bell.

I heard the door open. Then close.

I sat very still.

I saw Cooper tip-toe by, just outside the tent.

I could see her silhouette as she sniffed around.

I heard her nervous "chirp" as she scurried off.

I listened for Daddy, but didn't hear him coming.

Coopie, most likely, went to tell Daddy where I was.

Well, I knew he'd come looking for me, so I sat patiently.

I waited.

Nothing.

Minutes later, nothing.

Well, eventually, I decided a nap was in order. So I snoozed.

I woke up to Daddy whispering something to Cooper.

I got up, stretched and yawned.

I could see Daddy leaning in towards the tent, as he quietly asked, "Where's da'Monk?" "Is da'Monk in derr??"

I sat there very still.

The anticipation was gone, but not the fun!!

He lifted up the tent, and said in his loud voice, "Ahhh! Derr's da'Monkey!!!"

I blinked as the light came in.

"Hi da'Boo!!", he said, as he patted me on the head.

Awwww! I love my Daddy!!

He always comes through!

4 Comments:

Blogger meemsnyc said...

that looks like a really fun game to play with your daddy!

4:32 PM, April 12, 2008  
Blogger Daisy said...

Where's da Monkey!?! Dere's da Monkey! What a fun and exciting game you got to play.

3:53 PM, April 13, 2008  
Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your Dad!

I got your package!!! Meowm picked it up on Friday! I love all of it and I will share with Orion! We will be posting some pictures on our bloggie soon!

We especially like the cute magnets!!! Well, Meowm likes those...I love the mice!

5:58 PM, April 13, 2008  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

Yeah kitties, that game is so much fun. I love it!

Junior, I'm so glad you got it and that you love it already! Sorry it took forever!

8:21 PM, April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home