Sunday, March 18, 2007

Monkey's Enclosure Update

Friday night, Mommy walked in with something I'd never seen before. She put it down in the living room. I immediately ran over to her and it. I began sniffing around. Cooper joined in too. Mommy kept saying, "I have a surprise for you. It's just not ready yet." Cooper and I were very intrigued.

Mommy brought in the second piece and said, "Ok guys, I don't know how or why you think this belongs to you. It's not even put together yet and you're all over it." Then she said, "You know whatever it is, it's the coolest."

Heck yeah, whatever it was sure seemed pretty darn cool, that's for sure.

I had a feeling I knew what it was. I mean, who else could it have been for? I was on my hind legs leaning against one piece. Cooper was walking through and underneath it. Then Mommy and Daddy said something to each other then Mommy said, "You two be good. We'll be right back." Mommy knelt down and pet me. As Mommy walked out the door, she sang back at us, "You two better behave."

Before the door even closed, I hopped on. It seemed safe so I gave the ok to Cooper. "Chirp" - Cooper onboard.

We stood there in awe. Looking up. Looking down. I was sure there was plenty of fun to be had.

Then.....the door opened very slowly.

We froze.

Mommy peeked in then her and Daddy walked in laughing. Daddy said, "Monkey! Cooper! You couldn't wait, could you?"

Mommy said, "You two have to be careful. Come on down." She picked us up and put us back down on the floor.

Yeah, that lasted 10 seconds.

Mommy went out on the balcony and began moving things around. Daddy was close by arranging the pieces for Mommy.

I couldn't sit still. I was so excited to explore this huge contraption. I was careful though as it seemed a little rickety.

Cooper jumped up and started walking on a very thin piece. Then it wobbled, turned and she fell off.

Mommy ran back inside and picked Cooper up to check for signs of injury.

She said, "Cooper. Monkey. This is soooo not finished yet and it's very dangerous. Be careful." She hit Daddy in the arm and went back outside.

In seconds, Cooper hopped back up and began her own exploratory adventure.

I watched her from the other side. Man, did she have some good ideas!

Cooper was standing on the shelf then she was on her hind legs, trying to climb up on top of it.

Just then, Daddy put his hands on her to keep her from jumping.

Cooper sat back down and watched me.


As I made my way to the far side.

My heart began racing.

Cooper had given me a brilliant idea. This was gonna be so much fun.

I saw an opportunity and I had to take it.



I reached up with my front paws to grab a hold of the top piece. I stuck out my claws to get a better grasp.



With my hind legs pushing off from the shelf, I slowly began my climb.

The adrenaline was pumping. What a rush!!




At that moment, I saw Mommy coming towards me and I knew it was all over.

Mommy stood there for a second, staring at me. She said, "Monkey, you are unbelievable!" She giggled as she picked me up and nuzzled me.

"I can't believe people ask me how you got your name."

With that, Cooper and I were confined to the hallway.

When we finally got released "from jail", we ran out into the living room and everything was back to normal. Everything was gone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

WOW! Monkey and Cooper, you are lucky! That looks fun to climb around on. Cooper was walking the tightrope! That is a very very hard skill. And Monkey, look at your crazy eyes right before you climbed up! I can't wait to see your great enclosure when it is all finished!

9:18 AM, March 19, 2007  
Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I can't wait for pictures of the finished product! Maybe Meowm will build one for me and put it on our porch! You are both great climbers!

3:10 PM, March 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the bravest dude I know! Wowza - what a cool play toy! And you weren't even scared!!

Your Mommy rocks!

Knead On ~

4:26 PM, March 19, 2007  
Blogger Honey P. Sunshine said...

i am so exsited 4 u monkey

5:15 AM, March 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa - this is way cool! can our Lady drop us off at your house on her way to work? we wanna play too!

12:50 PM, March 20, 2007  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

Ka-wazy eyes yes! On my cool new shack. I love it and look forward to sharing more pics. Thanks for popping in and for the compliments. I wish you could all come over when it's finished!

9:36 PM, March 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home