Thursday, February 28, 2008

Monkey Patience

Ever since I was a young buck, I've always waited patiently for Mommy to make my dinner.

Let's not forget that she takes her time and smashes up my food, which is very kind and thoughtful of her. You see, I'm not too keen on food that has to be chewed apart and hassled with.






Mommy always gets accused of spoiling me, but she just shrugs it off and says that it's just like humans who might consider or prefer shredded meat vs. meat on the bone. (I mean, duh.) why do the work? I see her point perfectly. No need to make an unwanted mess. Hello??

Actually, Mommy has this weird theory about me and my eating habits. She thinks I'm "particular", but I'm really not. However, she's correct in knowing that there are things I would rather not endure when it comes to eating my food. I could never explain them, cuz no kitty would understand. Plus, she'd have to show you visually, and I doubt that will happen! heh heh

Anyway, here I am waiting "ever-so" patiently. No jumping on the counter. No circling. No pressure. I'm totally cool. Why? How? Cuz I know what she's doing and it's all for me! Plus, it's all in the "Mommy & Monkey Eye Dialogue". No words, needed.

Plus, I know my dinner will come in due time. AND the added bonus of Mommy feeding me, comes with her pumping me up while I wait. She always tells me how handsome I am and how much she adores and loves me. What kind of appetizer is better than that?

She provides the ultimate dining experience. Not to mention, the petting I get while I chow down. She usually sits on the floor next to me and turns my bowl, as needed.....and waits until I'm done and then removes my empty bowl.

That's when I leave the kitchen to have my bath. When she is done cleaning up, she gives me my evening brushies & more lovies, and after that, I get my tweats!

Patience pays off, I tell ya!

Asi es la vida de un rey!

8 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Wow, Monkey! Your mealtime sounds very special and wonderful.

10:30 AM, February 28, 2008  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

Ya know, Daisygirl, it truly is. Thanks

8:31 PM, February 28, 2008  
Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I like your Mealtime as well~~ Sounds great!!

10:14 PM, February 28, 2008  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

Mommy knows how to serve it up! heh heh

11:06 PM, February 28, 2008  
Blogger Honey P. Sunshine said...

monkey, yer spoiled, as it should be

8:38 AM, March 01, 2008  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

HoneyP, as you are too and should be. Heh heh

8:18 PM, March 01, 2008  
Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Wow! Meowm smooshes my "loaf" food and cuts up the "sliced" or "chunky" kind...but she doesn't turn the dish for me. And I do headbutt her while she is getting my food ready.

All in all, your meal time sounds much better than mine! And I think you deserve it!

10:11 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

I'm so glad you get your food smashed too! Thought I was the only one. Heh heh

9:33 PM, March 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home