Thursday, November 13, 2008

Monkey Cooper Wednesday Vet Trip













First of all, I knew there was something fishy going on when Mommy conveniently placed our stroller in the room.

Have I got a story for you (Part 1 of 3):

Yesterday morning, Mommy took Coopie and I to the vet for our 3 yr. check-ups. Mommy was excited because we were going to see a new vet, Dr. M, since our beloved Dr. Evans moved to Virginia awhile back!!

Well, I didn’t care how excited Mommy was to meet this new Dr. M, because ever since the last time I had to go there when my paw was jacked up and wasn’t healing, I’ve hated that place. Mommy wanted to give them another chance, so I had no choice.

Anyway, Cooper and I both weigh 12.1 lbs. I thought that was kinda weird since she’s a little more filled out than I, if you get my drift.

When it was time for them to take my temperature, they decided to cancel that idea since I wasn’t being very cooperative. Mommy was shocked at my unwillingness to cooperate. Usually, I’m a “go with it” kind of cat. Ya know?

He checked my heart rate, squeezed me here and there. Checked my ears and my eyes and then only one side of my mouth, since I was being very serious and giving them the evil eyes and GROWLING a lot!!

Since the tech. was helping Dr. M with my exam, he asked the tech to check the other side of my mouth. That's when the tech said, “oh, this looks like an ulcer.”

At that point, Mommy jumped out of her chair and said, “what?”, "where?". Dr. M told Mommy to come around and look for herself. The tech handed Dr. M a tissue and he put it in my mouth and wiped the blood away from the thing I’d been apparently hiding.

Dr. M told Mommy that she should make another appointment and bring me back to have the tumor removed so it could be biopsied.

Mommy insisted they keep me and perform the procedure right then and there.

So she made sure they could keep me in my stroller with my blanket instead of putting me in one of those cold kennels they have in the back.

So Dr. M put me back in the stroller and then began to do Coopie's exam.

Yeah, yeah, she was fine. Perfect he said.

Mommy said her goodbyes to me and so did Cooper.

Dr. M strolled me to the back room and Mommy was gone.

Stay tuned for Part 2.

Hope you kitties are all healthy, happy and loved.

Monkey loves you.

2 Comments:

Blogger MaoMao said...

That's pawesome that you had such a good checkie up at the v.e.t.! Goin to the vet isn't furry fun, but it's a good thing to get a klean bill of health!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

10:48 AM, November 14, 2008  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

Thanks, I think! heh heh

9:45 PM, November 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home