Wednesday, August 30, 2006

When I was Paul

We were four male kittens, 5-weeks old, without our Mommy. A nice lady found us and took us to a no-kill shelter in Los Angeles (The Lange Foundation). They called us "the beatles". I was Paul. This is the one and only picture of the four of us. (Can you spot me?) At 7-weeks old, I was the second "beatles kitten" to be adopted. (Later that week, my 2 remaining brothers, were also adopted into good homes.) This picture was taken of me with a cell phone/camera, so the quality isn't that great. (Paul/Monkey at 8-wks) My Mommy and Daddy don't give their pets names until they get to know their personalities. After three days of my monkey-like behavior; my spunky personality; my antics of bouncing around; jumping up and down; the superfluous somersaults; and the blue'ish color of my coat, my name was changed to Monkey (Blue). As the weeks went by, Mommy and Daddy made up new nicknames. Daddy liked to call me "Slice" and Mommy always called me "pa-pa" (with a spanish accent). BUT everyday, Mommy would sing me both the songs she made up (MonkeyBunkey and MonkeyBusiness). That's when, where and how it all started.

7 Comments:

Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

I think you are the kitty in the back? Glad you all found such good homes.

1:35 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

What a terrific story and such cute pics.

Thanks for sharing that! We enjoyed it!

Purrs - The Kitty Cats Corner cats

3:30 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

Ceci & kitty-cats,

Glad you liked my story. It's a happy one and I'm very fortunate to have been rescued.

Ceci, I'm actually on the bottom. reow!

MBunkey

6:07 PM, August 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cute baby you were! ya know, yur even purrtier now

10:47 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

grr, midnight & cocoa,

I posted a diary for you guys on Catster! I want all my friends to see you. I only used one link, but they know how to get around.

I was a little baby and I grew up fast!! Purrtier? aww shucks!

Thanks bunches, MONKEY

11:30 PM, August 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! we doesn't effun know what a diary on Catster is yet, but thank you! we'll check that out this weekend and learn how to use it all

2:13 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger monkeybunkey said...

Grr, that's funny. You're cute.

Your pal, Monk

7:46 PM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home